Chocolate covered strawberries are wonderful for any occasion – or, no occasion at all! With that being said, we all know that you can certainly pay top dollar for the sweet treat, whether it’d be from a boutique dessert shop or a popular subscription service.
So, why not make your own? You’ve been looking for something to do in quarantine, anyway! And, making your own chocolate-covered strawberries isn’t only affordable – with 3 simple ingredients – but it’s also fun and rewarding! Check out this basic recipe below:
• 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
• 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
1. Put the semisweet and white chocolates into two separate heatproof medium bowls. Then, fill two medium saucepans with a couple of inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat, and set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt chocolates in a microwave at half power, for one minute. Stir and heat until completely melted.)
2. Once the chocolates melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate. Lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set the strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
3. Dip a fork in the melted white chocolate and drizzle it over the dipped strawberries.
4. Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate set, about 30 minutes. Finally, serve and enjoy!
Make something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by The Heights at Park Row Apartments in Houston, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!